Unifying Iowans to reduce youth substance misuse on
a state and community level.
What Is AC4C
The Alliance of Coalitions For Change is a statewide network seeking to increase the collaboration of substance abuse prevention in Iowa.
AC4C started in 2005 and was formed because substance abuse coalition leaders across the state of Iowa recognized that they could pool their resources and knowledge to benefit each other. These leaders invited additional coalitions and thus the Alliance of Coalitions 4 Change was formed.
How Can I Become A Member?
Coalitions interested in becoming members are asked to sign a Memorandum of Understanding. Membership is voluntary and there is no membership fee.
Coalitions joining AC4C are expected to
- Lend their endorsement and support to trainings, projects, advocacy efforts, and other activities of the Alliance.
- Actively participate in meetings and activities of the Alliance when possible.
- Take a leadership role as able within the Alliance at the project, work group, or committee level.
- Provide current contact information for your organization.
- Offer in-kind donations of meeting space or other needs whenever possible.
- Assist other coalitions as able upon request.